Ideation of an Idea
Part one of a brainstorming saga. The first leg tackled ideas I am interested in:
1. Comedy based on research
3. Discomfort (as a result of people realizing their own inherent biases)
The second leg of the process focused on brainstorming interactions:
2. Interactive projections
3. Video, theater crossover
Preliminary ideas based on the above brainstorming process:
1. A stand-up set integrating projections controlled by the audience
2. An improv scene based upon some kind of audience participation
3. Legislative girls (all genders inclusive) night - letter writing party to Congress on various legislations currently being debated.
Examples of work I'm drawing from:
1. Shana Moulton's live performances, particularly this one of "Whispering Pines"
2. Jarrett Berenstein's solo show, "The New Job Show"
3. Interlude's interactive video of Bob Dylan's "Like A Rolling Stone"
4. This marketing installation for "Inside Amy Schumer" involving projections and audience participation
5. "Saturday Chores" is a Tumblr for photos a husband and wife team take of themselves holding opposing signs at anti-choice events and rallies around North Carolina.
An example of my previous work - a stand up set incorporating graphic projections - can be seen here.